A secure financial foundation begins with a savings account. From there, add CDs and IRAs. Above all, put your money in a safe place where it will earn more. It’s a tried-and-true method for safeguarding your hard-earned money.
First Statement Savings
FVCbank can help you save for a new car, your child’s education, or just a rainy day. We want you to achieve your financial goals, whatever they may be. And, there is no minimum balance requirement!
- Interest is compounded daily and credited quarterly
- Free online banking, bill pay, and e-statements
- Six free preauthorized, automatic, online banking or telephone transfers per statement cycle*
- Unlimited withdrawals in person or via our ATMs
- Interest earned on all balances
- Low $5 minimum to open a First Statement Savings Account
*Federal Regulations prohibit more than six withdrawals and/or transfers each month to other accounts from a Savings Account (including transfers to another account for overdraft protection); or to third parties by either preauthorized or automatic agreement, telephone, electronic or online transfer. A $3 fee will be assessed for each preauthorized or automatic checks/withdrawals/transfers over six per statement cycle. Please see a Customer Service Representative for current rate information, calculation method, and to obtain a copy of our Truth in Savings Disclosure.
First Student Savings
Learning how to handle money at a young age can build the foundation for good financial habits. Savings accounts for kids earn interest and carry no monthly balance requirements, so they are perfect for student savers.
- Designed for younger savers
- can open an account for as little as $5
- Unlimited teller transactions
- Interest compounded daily and credited quarterly
- Online banking means students and parents alike have convenient 24-hour access to your account
- Interest earned on all balances
- Low $5 minimum to open a First Student Savings Account
- Transfers from a First Student Savings Account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone or computer transfer are limited to six per monthly statement cycle with no transfers by draft, debit card or similar order to third parties. ($3.00 charge per excessive withdrawal over six per month.) Please see a Customer Service Representative for current rate information, calculation method, and to obtain a copy of our Truth in Savings Disclosure.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Make your money work harder for you. Whether short- or long-term, small or large investments, a FVCbank Certificate of Deposit (CD) offers you the performance, power and options you need to grow your finances.
- Competitive rates
- Interest compounded daily
- Low initial deposit — $1,000 minimum to open
- Flexible terms — 3 months to 60 months
- Interest can be added to your certificate and compounded, deposited directly to your FVCbank account, or paid by check
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS)
Looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about CDARS®.
It’s a great solution for individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and public entities.
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through FVCbank. There are few guarantees in life — FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable tool for cash management or longer term investments.
With CDARS, you benefit from:
- Safety — your money can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage
- Convenience — you work directly with us and earn one interest rate; you’ll also receive one regular statement and one year-end tax form
- Community investment — the full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community
- CD-level rates — your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market funds
How does CDARS work?
We are a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the same network — in increments of less than $100,000 — so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
These exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit back to our bank. Therefore, we can make the full amount of your deposit available for lending to business in our communities.
What else should I know?
You no longer have to spend time managing multiple bank relationships, administering various interest rates, organizing interest disbursements from various sources, or manually consolidating monthly statements. This reduces your administrative burden, especially during tax and financial reporting seasons. And with CDARS, you can eliminate the need to monitor changing collateral values — another time-saving convenience. And, of course, your confidential account information remains protected.
Ask us about how CDARS can work for you the next time you visit one of our branches, or email us for more information.
- Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with FVCbank. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us.
- This benefit applies to some, but not all types of CDARS transactions. Let us know if this benefit is important to you, so that we can explain the relevant terms and conditions in more detail.
CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC
ICS (Insured Cash Sweep)
Would you like to access multi-million dollar FDIC protection on your savings deposits? Earn interest at the same time? And be able to withdraw funds up to six times per month? Now you can – through our new Insured Cash Sweep (ICS) service.
Feel good knowing that your funds are eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government
Put excess cash balances to work in interest-bearing savings accounts
Withdraw ICS funds up to six times per month
Rest assured that your money is always on deposit in regulated, FDIC-insured institutions and that you can see where your funds are at all times
Please contact us at (703) 436-3800 for more information regarding these products and services.