A secure financial foundation begins with a savings account. From there, add CDs and IRAs. Above all, put your money in a safe place where it will earn more. It’s a tried-and-true method for safeguarding your hard-earned money.
First Statement Savings*
FVCbank can help you save for a new car, your child’s education, or just a rainy day. We want you to achieve your financial goals, whatever they may be. And, there is no minimum balance requirement!
- Interest is compounded daily and credited quarterly
- Online banking, bill pay, and e-statements
- Interest earned on all balances
- Low $5.00 minimum to open a First Statement Savings Account
First Student Savings*
Learning how to handle money at a young age can build the foundation for good financial habits. Savings accounts for kids earn interest and carry no monthly balance requirements, so they are perfect for student savers.
- Designed for younger savers
- can open an account for as little as $5.00
- Interest compounded daily and credited quarterly
- Online banking means students and parents alike have convenient 24-hour access to your account
- Interest earned on all balances
- Low $5.00 minimum to open a First Student Savings Account
- Please see a Customer Service Representative for current rate information, calculation method, and to obtain a copy of our Truth in Savings Disclosure.
Personal Money Market*
Higher balances earn a higher yield in our FVCbank Personal Money Market account. There are no monthly maintenance fees when the low required minimum balance is maintained.*
- Interest paid monthly on your entire account balance
- An easy-to-read monthly statement
- Unlimited number of deposits at no charge
- e-Statement and check images online — Think Green!
- MasterCard® check card
- Worldwide ATM transactions
- Online banking with bill pay
- Low $50.00 minimum to open a Personal Money Market account
*Maintain a low average daily balance of $2,500.00 for the statement cycle, to avoid the $12.00 maintenance fee. Fees may reduce earnings.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)*
Make your money work harder for you. Whether short- or long-term, small or large investments, a FVCbank Certificate of Deposit (CD) offers you the performance, power and options you need to grow your finances.
- Competitive rates
- Interest compounded daily
- $1,000.00 minimum to open
- Flexible terms — 3 months to 60 months
- Interest can be added to your certificate and compounded, deposited directly to your FVCbank account, or paid by check
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS)*
Looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about CDARS®.
It’s a great solution for individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and public entities.
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through FVCbank. There are few guarantees in life — FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable tool for cash management or longer term investments.
With CDARS, you benefit from:
- Safety — your money can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage
- Convenience — you work directly with us and earn one interest rate; you’ll also receive one regular statement and one year-end tax form
- Community investment — the full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community
- CD-level rates — your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market funds
ICS (Insured Cash Sweep)*
Would you like to access multi-million dollar FDIC protection on your savings deposits? Earn interest at the same time? And be able to withdraw funds up to six times per month? Now you can — through our new Insured Cash Sweep (ICS) service.
- Feel good knowing that your funds are eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government
- Put excess cash balances to work in interest-bearing savings accounts
- Withdraw ICS funds up to six times per month
- Rest assured that your money is always on deposit in regulated, FDIC-insured institutions and that you can see where your funds are at all times
Please contact us at (703) 436-4740 for more information regarding these products and services.
Please see a Customer Service Representative for current rate information, calculation method, and to obtain a copy of our Truth in Savings Disclosure.