A secure financial foundation begins with a savings account. From there, add CDs and IRAs. Above all, put your money in a safe place where it will earn more. It’s a tried-and-true method for safeguarding your hard-earned money.
First Statement Savings*
FVCbank can help you save for a new car, your child’s education, or just a rainy day. We want you to achieve your financial goals, whatever they may be. And, there is no minimum balance requirement!
- Interest is compounded daily and credited quarterly
- Online banking, bill pay, and e-statements
- Six preauthorized, automatic, online banking or telephone transfers per statement cycle*
- Unlimited withdrawals in person or via our ATMs
- Interest earned on all balances
- Low $5.00 minimum to open a First Statement Savings Account
First Student Savings*
Learning how to handle money at a young age can build the foundation for good financial habits. Savings accounts for kids earn interest and carry no monthly balance requirements, so they are perfect for student savers.
- Designed for younger savers
- can open an account for as little as $5.00
- Unlimited teller transactions
- Interest compounded daily and credited quarterly
- Online banking means students and parents alike have convenient 24-hour access to your account
- Interest earned on all balances
- Low $5.00 minimum to open a First Student Savings Account
- Transfers from a First Student Savings Account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone or computer transfer are limited to six per monthly statement cycle with no transfers by draft, debit card or similar order to third parties. ($3.00 charge per excessive withdrawal over six per month.) Please see a Customer Service Representative for current rate information, calculation method, and to obtain a copy of our Truth in Savings Disclosure.
Personal Money Market*
Higher balances earn a higher yield in our FVCbank Personal Money Market account. There are no monthly maintenance fees when the low required minimum balance is maintained.*
- Interest paid monthly on your entire account balance
- An easy-to-read monthly statement
- Unlimited number of deposits at no charge
- e-Statement and check images online — Think Green!
- MasterCard® check card
- Worldwide ATM transactions
- Online banking with bill pay
- Unlimited number of withdrawals made in person at our branch locations or at an ATM
- Limited check writing access**
- Low $50.00 minimum to open a Personal Money Market account
*Maintain a low average daily balance of $2,500.00 for the statement cycle, to avoid the $12.00 maintenance fee.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)*
Make your money work harder for you. Whether short- or long-term, small or large investments, a FVCbank Certificate of Deposit (CD) offers you the performance, power and options you need to grow your finances.
- Competitive rates
- Interest compounded daily
- Low initial deposit — $1,000.00 minimum to open
- Flexible terms — 3 months to 60 months
- Interest can be added to your certificate and compounded, deposited directly to your FVCbank account, or paid by check
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS)*
Looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about CDARS®.
It’s a great solution for individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations and public entities.
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through FVCbank. There are few guarantees in life — FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable tool for cash management or longer term investments.
With CDARS, you benefit from:
- Safety — your money can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage
- Convenience — you work directly with us and earn one interest rate; you’ll also receive one regular statement and one year-end tax form
- Community investment — the full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community
- CD-level rates — your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market funds
ICS (Insured Cash Sweep)*
Would you like to access multi-million dollar FDIC protection on your savings deposits? Earn interest at the same time? And be able to withdraw funds up to six times per month? Now you can – through our new Insured Cash Sweep (ICS) service.
- Feel good knowing that your funds are eligible for protection that’s backed by the full faith and credit of the federal government
- Put excess cash balances to work in interest-bearing savings accounts
- Withdraw ICS funds up to six times per month
- Rest assured that your money is always on deposit in regulated, FDIC-insured institutions and that you can see where your funds are at all times
Please contact us at (703) 436-4740 for more information regarding these products and services.
*Federal Regulations prohibit more than six withdrawals and/or transfers each month to other accounts from a Savings Account (including transfers to another account for overdraft protection); or to third parties by either preauthorized or automatic agreement, telephone, electronic or online transfer. A $3.00 fee will be assessed for each preauthorized or automatic checks/withdrawals/transfers over six per statement cycle. Please see a Customer Service Representative for current rate information, calculation method, and to obtain a copy of our Truth in Savings Disclosure.