What does FVCbank do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number
- income and account balances
- payment history and transaction history
- credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons FVCbank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reason We Can Share Your Personal Information||Does FVCbank Share?||Can You Limit This Sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes Information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes Information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
Call 703-436-3800 or go to www.fvcbank.com
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
What we do
How does FVCbank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
- Logical Access Controls–Multi-factor authentication methods for interactive Internet banking services
- Encryption Techniques–Coding designed to protect non-public information in electronic form while in transit or in storage on systems
Our employees are bound by our Code of Conduct, and Bank Policies to only access customer information for legitimate business purposes, and to keep information about you confidential.
How does FVCbank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or deposit money
- apply for a loan
- use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- FVCbankCorp, Inc. Bank holding company
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- FVCbank does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- FVCbank does not jointly market